Here at The Road, we believe that we are created to CONNECT with a lost world, to build relationships with individuals within our community, our country and our world – that all may know the mercy, forgiveness and grace of our Lord. We have opportunities for your to participate in these relationships locally and abroad.
Fred Factory Gardens
There is nothing more important than relationships. God uses ORDINARY people with extraordinary POWER, to PRAY, SHARE Christ and LOVE sacrificially. God can’t use you, if you don’t show up – somewhere. Why not Fred Factory Gardens (FFG) a government subsidized housing complex? There is a lot of need represented in this community which especially effects the children. It will ONLY be through relationships that we can have the chance to love, care for and really know people — to have the opportunity to pray with them, for them, make friendships — to share the Gospel with them as we share a piece of life with them and then see people come to know the Lord …as we get to really know others through genuine relationship. And we all know that relationships take time, sacrifice and commitment.
We actively lead a Monday Bible Club with Novo Ministries with 20-30 kids at Fred Factory Gardens – teaching them about Jesus and the Gospel.
FAMILY FUN DAY
We will have about four Family Fun Days each year. It’s a great way to engage with this community in a less structured way, and to connect with the entire family.
SUNDAY KIDS CHURCH
James “Preacher Man” Brooks and his family lead a children’s church each Sunday afternoon and they can always use our help. It’s another great way to build relationships and to be used by God in our community.
We are working to relaunch our weekday afternoon tutoring program at the Fred Factory Garden Community center during the week, to help students of all ages with homework & other educational needs.
Mexico Mission Partnership
- As a church, we began a partnership with a small church outside of Acapulco.
- Church – Camino al Cielo (Way to Heaven)
- Pastor Ramiro Espinosa and family use their home as the church/meeting place.
- Our primary ministry has been serving people in the community with a medical clinic outreach.
- Hundreds of people have been helped in the process.
- Many people have indicated they’d like to follow Jesus and learn more about what this means.
- Ramiro and others follow up with these contacts to see where God is moving and begin to disciple some as a result.
- Jan 2015 – initial scout trip
- Jul 2015 – 1st team trip
- Nov 2015 – followup, pastoral insight trip
- Mar 2016 – 2nd team trip; medical clinic
- Nov 2016 – 3rd team trip; medical clinic
- March 2017 Spring-break (no trip scheduled) Contact Mark Mackey about Mission Arlington which happens at this time.
- Summer 2017 – we are presently looking into this possibility
CITY RESCUE MISSION
We serve at the City Rescue Mission four times a year – leading worship, preaching, serving food, fellowshipping with people, and doing ministry with children.
There is always opportunities for people to serve at CRM. This is a fun ministry where people commit and recommit their lives to God.